Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crack Coconut Chocolate Bars

I found a delicious looking pin on pinterest a few weeks ago and it has been on my mind almost daily since then. 
I had a house full of sick kids and then surgery to remove a kidney stone and just have never gotten around to making the beautiful creation I found.

That is until yesterday.
I finally pulled the pin up and dove into baking.
And I kid you not it was so EASY that it should be illegal. 
Its so delicious and addicting that it should be illegal too.
In fact as soon as we finished off the pan I wanted to make more. (I'm trying to be strong and not make them till Tuesday... that's enough time in between right? right?)
I have dubbed them (because of there quickly addicting nature) Crack Bars.



Doesn't that just look delicious?
If you never listen (or read, whatever) to another word I say promise me you will at least listen to this..... You need to make this, you won't regret it. 
{Okay maybe you're waist will, and your inner thoughts of "did I really just eat 5 of those?"will}
But really you'll just be glad you listened.

So this deliciousness is over at Inside BruCrew Life.
 I seriously wish this lady was my best friend because she has some absolutely delicious recipes.
You can find her recipe here.
All you need is...
1 chocolate cake mix 
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
4 cups shredded coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
Go Visit her site to find the full details of her recipe!!!

So side note... does anyone else love to lick the can of sweetened condensed milk clean? No? Just me? Okay well know yall know my dirty little secret!!! Shhh, don't tell!

I of course had to do some adapting because we are Gloriously Gluten Free, (I have to add the gloriously in there to make me feel special, since there is such a lack of Gluten Free specialness {yes its a word, or maybe I made it up} out there.)

So In my adaption I used Betty Crockers Devils Food Cake mix. 
Seriously Betty has saved me so from so many hair ripping out incidents. 
Before she started making these GF boxed cake mixes I was forced to look at heavenly treats like these Crack Bars with only the wish of being able to have them. It was either wish or spend many painstaking hours trying to figure out how to make a GF boxed cake mix on my own (yes I tried, and obviously I was not successful.) 


I also VERY RARELY have whipping cream in my house. 
Is that a staple in houses? Im clueless about that, cause its sure not a staple in mine.
So I have learned to adapt.... us Gloriously Gluten Free peeps have to learn have to do that a lot.
I make my own whipping cream, and its super easy.
The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of whipping cream and the following recipe makes a cup. 
So for this recipe just half it. Also this recipe is not as thick so I threw it in the freezer for about an hour to get the chocolate to harden up faster. Then I left it out on the counter covered and the chocolate stayed hard.

All you need is whole milk and butter.
3/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup butter 
1. Melt the butter.
2. Pour it into the milk, and stir.
3. Use in place of one cup of heavy cream.
See? Super easy right?
You can do this!!! 
Go make them now! You know you want too!!!!

No comments: