Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Calling!

Okay, so I have been totally busy getting the house put back together. (I took some pictures so I will post the after I painted before I decorated pictures as soon as I have a little bit more time.) Noah leaves in 2 and half weeks, on Feb. 9th, I can not believe it, I am just trying my best not to think about it, I know I will make it through and that in the end our little family will all be closer. I am excited to have the new house to keep me busy, but I guess the bishop of my ward did not think that was enough so he gave me a new calling...........

PRIMARY PRESIDENT!!!!!!

When he called me into his office to tell me I was in total shock, ME!?? Are you sure??? I had a dream about it the night before and I knew that I had to talk to him that day, so I was kind of wondering but kept disregarding it because I never in a million years thought that my dream would remotely be real..... but I guess I was wrong. I left telling him I had no questions and in about 2 minutes I had a million. :O)

I am totally excited to work with the Primary kids, I have not been in primary since I was a primary kid myself, so I will be learning lots. I am excited for the ladies who are my counselors and thrilled to be surrounded by such great women. Needless to say I have been insanely busy trying to wrap my head around all of this, so therefor no new posts. Sorry!!

I have a meeting tonight so hopefully tommorow we will all know what we are doing a little bit better. :O) We have one of the biggest primaries in the stake so I am sure we will all be really busy. :O) Three of us have little babies too, so this should be interesting. :O)

I have so much to say about how excited I am about this and how overwhelmed and inadequite I feel at the same time, but I also have lots of stuff I have to get taken care of, so my feelings will have to wait. :O)

Alright, hopefully I can post more tommorow. :O)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats! You'll do great!

Kirsti said...

You can bet that time will fly with all you'll have going on and Noah will be home before you know it.

Trevor and Tara said...

You'll be great! The kids will love you. Also if there ever comes a day you need a break while Noah is gone, please know I will be more than willing to help out. I can only imagine what life would be like with out a husband.

Amy said...

Wow! the pres! That would frighten me. I can be a counselor anyday but the pres would scare me. I'm sure you will do great and the children will love anything you do. My sister Rachel has been primary pres for 3 years if you have questions I'm sure she would be willing to help you.
Enjoy your time with Noah. Let him now we miss him and will be praying for him.

Kirsten and Jon said...

You'll do great! I'm dying to see pics of your house, come on, quit unpacking and post some!

Dez said...

Oh my gosh! What a great calling for you. You will do a great job!!!!

Robyn said...

You're awesome. This is a great calling for you.

Amanda said...

I am the Primary secretary, and every time I think I am overwhelmed I just think about everything the president has to do! That probably didn't make you feel better, but I have mad respect for you. Being in Primary is amazing, and I know you will be a great blessing for those children.