Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Date night!

Noah and I went out to the movies on New Years eve and then came home and played Ticket to Ride and rang in the New Year with some cider. I went up to check on Braddoc because he was whimpering most of the evening and he was burning up so I took his temperature and he was 102.4 so we took him to the emergency room and found out he had an ear infection. The next night Landon woke up with 103 fever.... what is going on?

Anyway it was a crazy night, but it was nice that Noah and I got to go out on a date and just be a husband and wife for a little bit. We went and saw Valkyrie. It was a good movie, very good acting and VERY scarey. Alot of what I saw in Hitler and what happened at that time I can see beginning to happen again..... anyway I wont go into detail on that, or I might rant all day. :O) Noah was being such a goof the whole night and we do not have pictures of ourselves so we took some pictures (got my hair cut too..... I really love it and I found a hair dresser FINALLY, only taken me 3 years to find someone here that I love.)

The movie got me thinking about Heavenly Fathers plan and questions I want to ask him when it comes my time to meet him. I know we all have our free agency and that Heavenly Father has a reason for everything and that sometimes he allows things to happen to people and allows people to make their own crazy decisions, but I want to ask him Why he kept Hilter alive for so long? There were 19 unsuccessful attempts at Hitlers life and I wonder why? Why he lived so long? I know there is a reason and I am just curious as to what it is. Nothing I cant wait to find out, just wondering what all actions that were caused by Hitler lead to other things that none of us could see, you know sort of like the Butterfly effect: A butterfly flaps its wings in Flordia and causes a title wave in Japan..... I am just curious, add it to that list of silly questions I want to ask. :O) See my crooked front teeth? I chipped the bottom off of one about a month and a half ago, I went to the dentist, I was there for about 3 hours and all they did was take the xrays..... so I have yet to go back and get it fixed, I suppose I should before Noah leaves and I really dont have time. Speaking of dentist..... Noah informed me of something very funny recently.... This is about how the conversation went

Noah: (eating a green apple) I hate how tart these apples are and how they stick in my teeth and leave a funny taste on my teeth.

Aurie: Really? I love green apples.

Noah: Well I guess thats good, Its so I will floss my teeth to get the stuff out of them and brush my teeth so they dont feel funny. You know thats why the say and apple a day keeps the doctor away........

Aurie: (puzzled) What? Yes an apple a day keeps the doctor away, not the dentist......
Noah: (long pause) Oh, yeah I have always thought thats why they said that..... a doctor.... not a dentist.....man I have been thinking that that was the meaning of that saying for 2 decades now.....

Aurie: Seriously?

Noah: Yeah I have always thought that they said that because apples make you have to floss and brush and therefor you dont have to go to the dentist (doctor)

Okay so I married a dork, but at least its entertaining.



Anyway, It was a fun, crazy night! Better get in as much hubby time before he gets borrowed as I can. :O) Anyone else seen that movie? What are your thoughts on it?

6 comments:

Kirsti said...

I'm married to a goof too. We should start a support group. :) I haven't seen that movie but I want to. That's such an interesting and horrible time in history.

Curtis Family said...

It's always nice to have a date with the hubby with out the kids. It reminds me of who "Christina" is. :)

Boston Family said...

Fun date night! We still haven't been since Avery was born. Now that he is eating solid food maybe we can sneak in a movie. Noah is a dork but that just makes him more lovable!

Mark and Aubrey said...

I love the haircut. Let us know if you need help in the new house

Kirsti said...

I keep getting on hoping to see pics of your new house! Are you guys in the process of moving now? I bet you're busy with it all. I'll just have to be patient. :)

Katie L said...

I love date nights, although they are far and few during our years together. I just played ticket to ride for the first time last weekend- what a fun game. I thought I was doing so well until the end...and I lost by a tomn-hahaha!