Sunday, August 10, 2008

INTRODUCING............

The newest addition to the Jenkins family, Braddoc Ammon Jenkins. (I'll explain where we got the name later when I have more time and energy.) He weighed a whopping 8 pnds 12 oz and was a long boy at 22 1/2 inches. He was 3 oz more then Landon and only 1/4 an inch shorter. We have big babies!!!

He was born at 5:19 p.m. on 08/08/08. It was an 11 hour labor and the end went very quick and was very scarey, there was some major complications with the epidural (always my fear) which caused several problems with the delivery including a scarey few minutes where we thought we would have to do an emergency C-Section or loose Braddoc (again Ill explain later).

But he is okay and I am okay and home now and doing wonderful. I never would have thought life could be so much more perfect with a new addition. He is precious and perfect and just fits right into our family. I can not imagine life with out him now. As soon as they thought we were losing him it really sunk in that our family needed this little baby and that he had to make it because he would be lost with out him. We are so blessed and so in love! We love this little man more then we could ever explain. The second they layed him on my chest I grew a new heart, a Braddoc heart. :O)















10 comments:

Boston Family said...

I'm so happy that you are both doing ok and that everything worked out like it was meant to be. He is such a blessing for your family. What a cutie he is. My little man would look premie next to him! I see a little of Landon in him but your right he looks like you. :) What a sweet boy. I see Landon is loving being a big brother. I'm jealous, Avery gets all of Blake's kisses. What good big brothers we've raised. Lots of love. Give everyone kisses for me!

Tara and family said...

I hate epidurals, mine was horrible with Josh too. I can't imagine how intense that must have been, and scary! I am SOOO happy all is well now! Congratulations a hundred times over! He is precious! That last picture really got me. It's a perfect shot of brothers. :) I hope you are getting lots of help and able to rest! I'm thinking of you!

kAt said...

What a hansome little guy. I am so happy for you. I felt the same way when Caden was born. I say the more the marrier. Take care. And happy adjusting.

Mark and Aubrey said...

Congratulations! What a perfect birthday, 8/8/08.Landon looks so happy to be a big brother. Let us know when you're ready for visitors, we'd love to come see you guys.

JHayes said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful! I can't wait to see him :)

Amanda XOX said...

Oh I love the pic of Landon smiling while holding him. And check out all that dark hair! He's a cutey pie. We'll be doing visits on Base on Wed night, so hopefully we'll be able to stop by if it's not too late. Congrats Jenkins fam on another big boy!!!

Sabrina said...

Aurie, I'm so happy for you and so glad that everything ended up okay. He is so cute. I can't wait until I can see him.

Angelina, John, Mason, Elise McKenna said...

Congradulations!! He is adorable! I'm so glad all is well. Sounds like you have a very difficult labor & delivery-I'm sorry. How are you healing now? Do you need anything? We're all excited to meet him (and awaiting the story of how you got the name; it's cute and original)

Jared & Pansy said...

We are so happy for you guys! So cool born on 08/08/08, we hope all is going well for you and can't wait to see you guys with your new cutie! Love the picture of Landon holding Braddoc and giving that huge smile.

Kellie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everyone's doing fine. What a cute baby! And you look great too, Aurie!