Friday, December 07, 2007

Its the most wonderful time of the year!

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brouMMatthew Chapter 1ght forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.



I love Christmas time. I love all the traditions and family activities that take place. I love the feeling in the air and the true spirit of the season in the air. (Quick vent: Why does my husband have to work nights all month and miss out on and the fun things, and why does he have to work the 4 days straight leading up to christmas, ahhhh) okay done!!!

Landon and I went with some friends to the live nativity that the church puts on and it was wonderful. My eyes filled with tears and my heart swelled as I pondered on the birth of my savior and I remembered how I felt this time last year. For the first time I realized a little bit of how Mary must have felt, having a child of your own and being a mother really puts the birth of our Savior into more a perspective view for me. I appriciate it even more and my heart weeps for Mary. I hope that I will always retain that feeling and be able to hold the first christmas more fully in my heart forever.

Onto the decorations!!! I love to make our house a Christmas wonderland. I am big on holidays and decorations and I love christmas smells and decorations, I also have such a blast getting out the decorations and remembering where I got them and who gave them to me and how it made me feel. Its so fun to see things that I didnt remember ever having. :O)
Here is the living room view (partial minus the couch and bookselves on the back wall) from our little computer nook!My parents bought us our first tree last year. I LOVE it! And Noah loves that its prelight and he does not have to string lights. We dont have a star yet because we can not agree on one and we have yet to find one that suits our wants and needs. Maybe next year! I love real trees but due to allergies I can not have one so this is the next best thing. Two of my favorite ornaments. :O) I have to support my team!!! The bottom Santa Claus is one that Noahs Grandpa made us out of wood last year for christmas. The picture does not do it justice, he widdle it and its so intracite and beautiful. I am amazed every time I look at it.
Since we dont have a cool fireplace in our Military house we had to improvise! Hope santa finds them. :O)
I love to collect Nutcrackers and nativities, here is a small collection of the Nutcrackers. I also miss going to the Nutcracker ballet every year. Im going to have to find one and take Noah and Landon. :O) The plaque on the computer is one I made with the vinal lettering. It says Unto us a Child is born. Here are a few of my Nativities! There are four of them here. I love them! I love to look at them and reflect on the true meaning of christmas.


Some more decorations. Amy your holiday card made a cameo! The only one we have gotten so far. You are ahead of the game. :O)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

2 comments:

mikensi.jung said...

It sure looks like Christmas! We have nothing to decorate with. Well, that's a lie, but we can make do w/ what we have! I think our stockings will come in the mail :) Ok, so I think you should fill out this HUSBAND survey I have on my blogger so I can read all about Landon :) Hehhee! Tag, you're it or something. I wasn't tagged, I just stole it. :)

Boston Family said...

All of your decorations are so cute. Your tree is so beautiful!